Program and workshops
The retreat will take place in Stoupa during the first week of October 2015. The venue will be decided when we know the exact figure of attendees, who will be transported to the venue if it is not in walking distance.
- Sat 3rd and Sun 4th Oct:. Arrival at venue, depending on your flight. Free time to enjoy.
- Mon 5th Oct: Registration from 9 - 10am at reception of the Hotel Lefktron. The rest of the day until 6pm is free clay time, play time or swim time!
- Tues 6th Oct: 9am - 1pm Morning workshop and free claytime for those not doing workshops. 2pm - 6pm Afternoon claytime. Pam Annesley will be teaching two very exciting half day workshops. Info on her site has been updated. Please see: http://www.metalclayartstudio.com.au/workshops/polymer-clay/polymer-clay-retreat-meraki-in-mani-greece-october-2015
- Wed 7th Oct: Clay time or play time!
- Thu 8th Oct: 9am - 1pm Morning workshop and free claytime for those not doing workshops. 2pm - 6pm Afternoon claytime. 5-6pm Time to tittivate for the closing event! 6pm Closing event with a tombola of a bead strand. It would be really nice if each attendee could bring 2 beads along, made by them; one bead strand will be for the winner of the tombola and one as a gift for the organisation team. The theme for these beads is Sea & Sky (we are talking blues, guys & girls, blues!!). Group dinner afterwards, each pay for his own meal.
- Fri 9th Oct: The venue will be available for more work for those who would like to work an extra day or you are free to explore and enjoy the area.
This flexibility is to accommodate people who may arrive or leave earlier or later, depending on flights. Attendees are free to join whenever they want to and do not have to do the full 5 days.
We anticipate having sufficient free time to enjoy the area, the food and the ambience of Stoupa! Breakfast will be supplied by the hotel, but participants are free to have lunch and dinner in any of the numerous tavernas within walking distance of the venue. The Greek food in Mani is delicious and varied for all tastes and inexpensive. Workshops will be confirmed at a later date. Please contact Iris and Pam asap to register interest. Non claying partners are welcome. We will have work space available during the entire 5 days at the hotel, so work hours are really flexible.
Please bring your own pasta machines, tools and clay.
There will be a sales or swap table, so do bring some items you would like to sell or swap. These may include finished pc pieces, tools, beads, molds, stamps, etc. You are responsible for your own sales.
We are delighted to announce that there will be a well known polymer clay artist and teacher running workshops during the retreat:
The cost of the retreat does not include tuition or workshops or any insurance. Cost and content of workshops can be discussed with Pam through her contact details on her website or facebook page. See above.